Dr. S. K. Mishra
Dr. S. K. Mishra is the current Bharat Singh Chair for Water Resources, MoWR and Professor of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering at Department of Water Resources and Management, Indian Institite of Technology Roorkee. He is the former head of the department and also served as the Vice President of Indian Water Resources Society. Prior to joining IIT Roorkee as a teaching fraternity he served as a Senior Scientist in National Institute of Hydrology Roorkee, India. He received his Ph.D. in Hydrology from University of Roorkee (now IIT Roorkee) in the year 1999.
Areas of Interests:
- Rainfall-Runoff Modelling, SCS-CN Methodology, Flood forecasting
- Dam Break Studies
- Irrigation and Drainage
- Engineering, Design of Irrigation and Drainage Structures
- Environmental Engineering, Water and waste water audit
Awards and Honours:
|Ministry of Water Resources (Govt. of India) Annual Cash Award||National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee||1993|
|Ministry of Water Resources (Govt. of India) Annual Cash Award||National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee||1997|
|DR. RAJENDRA PRASAD PURUSKAR||Indian Council of Agriculture Research (Govt. of India)||1999|
|MAN OF ACHIEVEMENT AWARD||American Biographical Institute, USA||2005|
- International Journal of Water Resources and Environmental Management, Serial Publications, New Delhi., Associate Editor
- Elsevier Editorial System, Advances in Water Resources, Elsevier, The Netherlands., Member
- Editorial Board, Journal of Geographic Information System, Member
- Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Park (STEP), I.I.T., Roorkee (Membership No. 120/2009), Member
- Annual J. of Multiple Sciences, Govt. Model Science College, Jabalpur, M.P., Member, Board of Advisors, Psy-fronts
- International Association of Hydrological Sciences, Wallingford, U.K., Member (No. 1313)
- Institution of Engineers (India), India., Member (M/129388/5)
- Indian Association of Hydrologists, Roorkee, India., Life Member (LM-916)
- Indian Water Resources Society, Roorkee, India., Life Fellow Member (F-2004-1164)
- ASCE, Associate editor
- Indian Water Resources Society, Editor
- Mishra, S.K. and V.P. Singh (2003),’Soil Conservation Service Curve Number (SCS-CN) Methodology’, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, ISBN 1-4020-1132-6. Citations: 43.
- Mishra, S.K. and P.K. Agarwal (1999),’Engineering Hydrology*,’ Hindi, Ajay Publications, Roorkee-247 667, UP, India. *Recipient of ICAR’s (Govt. of India) 1999-2001 ‘DR. RAJENDRA PRASAD PURUSKAR’ of Rs. 50000/=.
- Mishra, S.K., P.K. Agarwal, and R.K. Nema (2002),’Hydraulics and Irrigation Engineering,’ (Hindi), Standard Publications, New Delhi, India. *Recipient of AICTE (Govt. of India) 2005-06 ‘AICTE Text Book Award’ of Rs.1 5000/=.
- Mishra, S.K., A.K. Rastogi, Champa Joshi, Pankaj Singh (2004),’Fluid Mechanics Laboratory: A manual for undergraduate students,’ Galgotia Publications Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi. India. ISBN: 81-7515-453-5.
- Mishra, S.K., P.K. Agarwal, and A. Verma(2007),’Laboratory Manual for Hydraulics,’ Uttarakhand Board of Technical Education, Roorkee-247667 (UA).
- Kool, Y.M., P.K. Agarwal, S.K. Mishra (2016),’Structural Measures for Watershed Management”, Asian Books Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, ISBN 13 978-81-8412-213-8, p. 96.